Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Ovilla, TX Post Date: June 30, 2017
Grace Church of Ovilla (GCO) is anon-denominational Bible church in North Ellis County, TX that was planted by Waxahachie Bible Church in 1998. GCO offers a blended worship service each Sunday with several Sunday school classes for adults, youth, and children, as well as children's church and nurseryduring worship. The elders of GCO sense the Lord's call to add a full-time worship pastor to GCO's professional staff, which is due in part to our growth. Part-time candidates seeking a full-time role in the next few years will also be considered. The worship pastor will report to the senior pastor and serve together with a full-time youth pastor and part-time children's ministry coordinator, nursery coordinator,website coordinator, bookkeeper, and church secretary. Compensation and benefits will be commensurate with experience for either the full-time or part-time worship pastor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Lead Sunday morning worship
· Assist in service planning
· Lead the worship team in rehearsal and spiritual growth
· Direct special programs for major holidays such as Christmas and Easter
· Develop worship programs which incorporate all age groups within the church body.
· Duties such as teaching, discipleship, administration, education, counseling, etc. in keeping with the candidate's background
· Personal passion for the worship of God and the encouragement of believers
· Undergraduate degree in Music or equivalent training and experience
· Knowledge of and strong appreciation for a broad range of musical styles
· Practical experience in leading congregational worship (although not necessarily as a senior worship pastor of another church) and group worship (such as a choir)
· Experience and skill with church audio-visual systems and presentation programs
· One additional area of professional training, such as discipleship, education, counseling, etc.
· Doctrinal fit with the church doctrinal statement
How to apply
Send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org