Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Houston, TX Post Date: July 26, 2017
The Worship Pastor assists the Lead Pastor in planning Sunday services, leads worship for Sunday services (2), develops worship leaders for youth and children's ministries, and holds other pastoral responsibilities depending on spiritual gifting and ministry needs. The Worship Pastor oversees all worship volunteers and the AMP team (tech, sound, and media), and reports to the Lead Pastor. This is a full-time position requiring 40 or more hours per week.
BridgePoint worships with a blended style, combining the best of older hymnody with the best of contemporary Christian songwriting. Our style is blended generationally, as we sing both old and new songs; blended musically, as we sing different styles of songs; and blended culturally, as we interweave culturally diverse expressions of praise into our worship.
BridgePoint is also passionate about contributing to the broader church through songwriting, recording, publishing, and internships in order to equip the next generation of worship pastors. These ministries will be developed with the support and partnership of the pastoral team. Therefore we are prayerfully seeking a worship pastor with a deep commitment to our local church along with a broad vision for using his gifts to serve the church at large.
BridgePoint Bible Church | www.bridgepointbible.org
PHILOSOPHY OF WORSHIP
BridgePoint is committed to a biblical vision of worship. We believe that worship is a lifestyle rather than an event. When we do gather for corporate worship, the dominant instruments are the hearts and voices of those Christ has redeemed. We aim to be theologically robust, gospel-centered, aesthetically rich, culturally diverse, musically accessible, and focused on congregational participation. Our goal is to honor Christ and encourage the saints, and we seek to craft worship services that emphasize both the transcendence and immanence of God, displayed most clearly in the perfect life, atoning death, and victorious resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Spiritual Devotion: A clear personal walk with Jesus Christ and an evident love for God.
- Doctrinal Conviction: Doctrinal conviction and clarity expressed through wholehearted agreement with BridgePoint's doctrinal statement.
- Elder Qualifications: Christian maturity clearly reflecting 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Relational Love: A warm, impartial love for others expressed in meaningful relationships.
- Shepherding Discernment: Pastoral instincts and spiritual wisdom to shepherd assigned staff and church members toward biblical sanctification.
- Musical Skill: Musical training and expertise including a commitment to ongoing development.
- Musical Creativity: Desire and ability to create fresh expressions of musical worship within the framework of biblical worship.
- On-Stage Leadership: Clear ability to lead a congregation in gathered worship, including preparing and leading musical groups on-stage.
- Logistical Proficiency: Proficiency in administration, logistics, and event-planning related to worship leadership.
- Quality Control: Commitment to timeliness, aesthetics, and accountability, while prioritizing biblical methods and loving relationships.
- Leadership Development: Ability to recruit, lead, and develop staff, musicians, and volunteers, individually and collectively.
- Collaborative Spirit: The ability to work collaboratively with the Lead Pastor and all elders, pastors, staff members, ministry leaders, and volunteers.
- Biblical Communication: The skills necessary to communicate publicly and interpersonally with each level of the church.
- Be or become a member of BridgePoint Bible Church.
- Possess a bachelor's degree in theology, ministry, or music.
- Pass a standard background check on an annual basis.
- Possess 3–5 years experience in local church or parachurch ministry, especially involving worship leadership.
- Have technological skills to operate, troubleshoot, and train volunteers to use standard industry equipment.
- Partner with Lead Pastor to craft biblical worship services.
- Lead Sunday morning worship services including planning, communication, preparation of participants, rehearsals, evaluation, and improvement.
- Lead, recruit, and shepherd the AMP team including part-time staff and volunteers.
- Recruit, audition, interview, and select worship team members.
- Train and develop all worship leaders, musicians, sound and media techs, and creative staff members.
- Maintain and improve livestream and recordings of Sunday services.
- Develop curriculum and program for training worship leaders and musicians.
- Develop and schedule worship-leading rotation with trained teams.
- Deliberately pursue ethnic and cultural diversity among musicians on worship teams.
- Partner with Creative Director to facilitate stage design and artistry for services and events.
- Develop volunteer worship leaders for children's ministry, youth ministry, other ministries, and special events and retreats.
- Develop worship-leading internship to train worship leaders for BridgePoint and for the broader church.
- Develop song-writing and recording ministry to serve BridgePoint and the broader church.
- Assist in developing BridgePoint podcast.
- Network with local musicians and organizations, both Christian and secular.
The BridgePoint Worship Pastor is a full member of the pastoral team and will hold specific pastoral responsibilities based on his gifting, the congregation's needs, and the shared vision of BridgePoint leadership.
- Sunday morning services (2) including sound checks (weekly)
- Rehearsals for services (weekly)
- Sunday evenings (occasionally)
- Wednesday evening youth meetings (occasionally, to coach worship leaders)
- Special events (occasionally)
- Staff meetings (weekly)
How to apply
Send cover letter, resume, philosophy of worship, and online video(s) to Lead Pastor David "Gunner" Gundersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.