Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Bellflower, CA Post Date: July 31, 2017
Bethel Grace Baptist Church is seeking a staff person to provide leadership in the ministry of worship. The music ministry of Bethel Grace will be designed for a wide audience, bringing the generations together in Christ for unified worship. God has blessed Bethel Grace with a wide variety of musical ability. To help people know and worship God, we desire a theologically rich music ministry drawing upon the powerful hymns of the past and the refreshing praise songs of today.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Collaborate regularly with Senior Pastor to plan and implement Sunday worship services.
* Lead music at Sunday AM services personally and with the development of other leaders.
* Oversee all elements of weekly music ministry including song selection, musicians, vocalists, etc.
* Encourage and develop praise team(s) weekly for worship services.
* Oversee choir ministry for regular Sunday involvement and seasonal events.
* Ensure seamless transitions in the worship service by planning the movement from each element to the next and accordingly preparing all who participate in the worship service.
* Oversee the preparation of quality visual-aids to enhance the worship experience.
* Equip and encourage greeters and ushers to provide friendly assistance to all attending and visiting our church.
* Coordinate people for all technical support required for worship services including but not limited to sound and lighting.
* Help plan and participate in holiday services (Good Friday, Easter, Thanksgiving Eve and Christmas Eve)* Develop special musical events each year for evangelism or edification.
* Oversee the various music ministries of the church (kids choir, etc) with the support of lay leaders.
* Provide pastoral care to the people of Bethel Grace, especially those involved in music ministry.
* Maintain database of songs ensuring legal compliance on copyrights and permission. * Provide musical elements of weddings, funerals and other special occasions as requested.
* Maintain weekly office hours and bring positive contribution to church staff meetings.
* Work effectively with administrative assistant to help carry out responsibilities.
* The Spirit's gifting to lead people into worship by focusing their attention on God
* A man of Christ-like character, pastoral love, and devotion to God's Word
* Heartfelt agreement with the Bethel Grace statement of faith (see website)
* Relational ability and healthy teambuilding skills
* Humility to pursue ministry input, feedback and evaluation
* Strong vocal/instrumental skills to lead congregational praise
* Leadership experience in multi-staff local church environment
* Musical experience with choral music ministry and contemporary worship teams
* A grasp on audio/visual technology
* Appreciation for a wide variety of musical styles
* Ability to carefully plan and maintain a budget
* 3/4 time (30 hrs/week)
* Holiday & Vacation Time
* Health Benefits
* Highly committed to the centrality of Scripture, the purity of the Gospel, and the majesty of Christ
* Interested in honoring God with a plurality of musical styles and instruments
* Affiliated with the Pacific Church Network (Conservative Baptist Association of Southern California)
How to apply
Send resume to email@example.com