Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Abilene, TX Post Date: August 17, 2017
The Elders of South Side Baptist Church are actively searching for the new Worship Pastor whom God has prepared to lead the worship ministry at SSBC. He should affirm the authority of the Scriptures and exalt Biblical principles to encourage the congregation. The Worship Pastor shall serve as a Christ-led under-shepherd with the primary roles of teaching, feeding, and nurturing the church through leading in worship. He will help the body develop their spiritual gifts and grow in their love for and dependence upon the Lord Jesus Christ. He will be responsible to the Senior Pastor and Council of Elders. Please note that full-time and part-time applicants will be considered.
Basic Responsibilities and Duties:
- Personally (with the senior pastor) lead the congregation to worship in corporate worship services.
- Partner with the Senior Pastor in the overall leadership, planning and preparation for all corporate worship services.
- Serve with the pastoral staff and elders in providing leadership and direction for the church.
- Develop, coordinate, lead, supervise and administer the Worship Ministry as it relates to all the ministry programs, and corporate worship of the church (adults, children, youth, college, etc.)
- Recruit, equip, nurture, supervise, and lead the musicians and personnel of Worship Ministry.
- Oversee the maintenance of the music library, musical instruments and sound/technical equipment.
- Recommend annual budget for the Worship Ministry, while demonstrating fiscal responsibility in maintaining expenditures within the budget.
- Perform the duties of a pastor (e.g., visits to the hospitals, nursing homes, shut-ins / counseling / teaching) as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Coordinate the rehearsal and performance schedules of all aspects of the Worship Ministry.
The man that God is calling to this pastorate will demonstrate character aligned with the scripturesof 1 Timothy 3:1-7, 1 Peter 5:1-3, and Titus 1:5-9; in addition to having the following qualifications:
- Complete agreement with the South Side Baptist Church Constitution, ByLaws and Statement of Basic Beliefs
- High degree of personal spiritual maturity, reflecting the character of Christ in both his private and public life
- Maintain consistent and vigorous spiritual disciplines – including but not limited to – prayer, Bible study, and personal evangelism.
- Skill in leading & performing music
- Seminary training in theology is preferred but not required
- Experience in leading worship ministry – a minimum of 5 years is preferred
- Ability to lead the people of SSBC to authentic worship
- Ability to manage a multifunctional music program with participants from all age groups and musical backgrounds
- Understanding of music technology (hardware, software, sound equipment, lighting, etc.)
- Demonstrates Godliness and humility in leadership
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Maintain regular office hours and be on-the-job ??+ hours per week. (Hours will depend on whether applicant is hired as full-time or part-time. To be discussed in conference with the applicant.)
- Works well with the current SSBC pastoral staff
- Invites and embraces personal accountability
- Has a strong marriage with obvious love for his family (if married)
- Prioritize his own family above his ministry
- Is missions minded and maintains that perspective as it affects worship
- Senses God's clear call to this ministry position
- Conduct his everyday life so as to exemplify Christ to the community by having a reputation of humility, service, and Godly character.
How to apply
Applicants should send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com or to: South Side Baptist Church, Attn: Elders, 1425 S.7th St, Abilene, TX 79602. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants should also include a brief statement describing their philosophy of ministry. Qualified candidates of interest will be contacted for additional information.
Please note that no elders will be available at the church to receive phone calls, so we ask that communication be through email at the address above.