Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Appleton, WI Post Date: November 20, 2017
The Worship Pastor is responsible for building a culture of worship at The Mission. This person will establish this culture as they lead through music, communicating worship thoughts, and by building a team focused on living out The Great Commission.
1) Build, develop, recruit, and shepherd (care for) the worship team of The Mission Church.
2) Thoughtfully plan for and prepare for weekly Sunday worship services. Giving thought to the music chosen, the worship thought that is communicated, and to think through how the morning will flow between each transition.
3) Work with the staff on developing any weekly programs and attending staff meetings. Will need to work closely with the Creative Director and Technical Director.
4) There are pastoral duties associated with this position in the shared care of the congregation. There will be times this role will may require counseling to the congregation, performance of weddings and funerals, the possibility of preaching on Sunday, as well as sharing in the overall care for the churchcommunity.
5) Be responsible for the stewardship of the worship budget for the purpose ofdeveloping the worship team.
6) Assist in the planning, implementing, and worship leading for special events inaddition to Sunday worship.
7) Attend staff meetings when available.
1) A professed faith in Jesus Christ and a clear relationship that is growing, personal, and authentic.
2) A commitment to strong Character – who we are, is more important that what we can do. This is a commitment to living a 1 Timothy 4:12 life.
3) Proficiency to lead worship both vocally and with an instrument.
4) A commitment to the mission of The Mission Church of living out the Great Commission.
5) Demonstrated ability to lead worship and a background in leading and building worship teams.
6) Bachelors degree preferred.
1) 1-2 years worship leading experience.
2) Proven ability to recruit and lead other artists/musicians.
How to apply
To apply pease send a resume and cover letter to Shawn Whitworth, Lead Pastor ([email protected])