About this role
Be responsible to lead all worship opportunities at North and recruit/train musicians and leaders to assist in that role. Experience leading worship, and education in Bible, Worship Arts, and Ministry a Plus. Personal commitment to Christ and His mission is critical. Oversight of sound, video and lighting systems also a component of this role, as well as pastoring the people on your team.
The worship pastor will be the "producer" of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the "director" in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision, and worship philosophy of the North Avenue Church of God
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.Abilities:
- A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship.
- Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- A basic knowledge in the use of technology in worship.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ.
- Spend time developing relationships with people both inside and outside of the church to be "Salt and Light" to both the saved and the unsaved.
- Recruit, audition, teach, and train musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility.
- Lead weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (A) preparation for Sunday and (B) cultivation of Christ-centered community.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out other aspects of the worship ministries of the church, such as, drama, sound, video, lighting, projection, staging, decoration, Etc.
- Lead a creative team to plan the corporate worship services in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and dramatists.
- Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services.
- Provide pastoral care for all who serve on your teams.
- Introduce our musicians and technical personnel to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Plan major seasonal and/or outreach musicals/dramas as able. Find and plan other ways to use music and drama to reach out to the community evangelistically.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Assist the Senior pastor when needed with general pastoral responsibilities such as visitation, weddings, funerals, etc.
How to apply
Email Resume, and video, or links to video of a worship experience you led, planned, or participated in if possible. Copies of worship plans you have produced in the past also a plus.Back to results