Youth Director and Music Ministry
Job type: Full-time
Location: Oak Harbor, WA Post Date: June 28, 2017
The Youth Director is responsible to shepherd high school and middleschool youth at First Reformed Church and in the community of Oak Harbor. Thisincludes planning and directing ministry programs and events according to the FRCmission statement and within the philosophy of Think Orange and oversight of youthgroup volunteers
- Pray daily.
- Maintain a lifestyle in keeping with a vibrant walk with Christ.
- Regular Bible study as well as study of the tenets of the reformed faith.
- Opportunity to lead weekly worship services with students and adults.
- Develop youth and adult musicians.
- Be a part of the worship team with some leadership responsibilities.
Volunteer/Intern Leadership Development
- Train, recruit, nurture and pray for and with adult leaders.
- Develop events and programs that encourage participation of volunteer leaders.
- Do contact work with volunteers in order to build stronger relationships with leaders and youth.
- Identify and encourage students in volunteer leader roles.
- Plan, implement, direct, and maintain the following programs: small group ministry, weekly youth group, Monday hang out, youth group events, retreats and service projects.
- Serve as the primary teacher in small and large group settings.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with leaders, students, parents, and staff.
- Challenge and encourage students of this church to participate in worship and ministry of the church and challenge the church to become more active in the lives of her youth group students.
- Be available for crisis support with students and/or families.
- Encourage and train Christian students in evangelism and the ability to articulate what they believe.
- Support church wide events where students are involved (mission trips, vacation Bible school, etc)
Contact and Outreach
- Develop and maintain relationships with students by going to schools, school events, sporting events, etc.
- Encourage periphery students towards increased involvement in the ministry.
- Encourage and train students to be involved missionally in their culture.
- Administer all details regarding student programs, events, retreats, etc.
- Communicate and promote information regarding the youth ministry to FRC church family.
- Work with supervisor to prepare the annual youth ministry budget and review expenses regularly.
- Maintain an intentional ministry plan for the youth ministry.
- Assist in church "family" events when possible (e.g. Picnic 'N Praise, mission trips, vacation Bible school, etc.).
How to apply
Email resumes and cover letter to email@example.com