Youth Director Internship
Job type: Part-time
Category: Children's Ministry
Location: Torrance, CA Post Date: August 11, 2017
First Christian Church of Torrance is looking for a one-year intern who is a creative self-starter, and who loves both the Lord and kids! This person would help lead and coordinate our youth programs, including regular meetings and other activities. (We currently have a viable Middle School group, and a pair of Higher Schoolers who attend regularly, but are not otherwise involved in youth programs.)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Encourage the spiritual development of the youth, including worship and devotional life, their discipleship as followers of Jesus, and their grounding in God;
- Organize fellowship activities for youth, such as games and crafts, ice skating, movies, beach and pool outings, hiking, etc.;
- Organize service projects with youth, such as Relay for Life, Food Bank visits, Cardboard Box City, and (for older youth) mission trips;
- Develop relationships with the neighboring Middle School community;
- Involvement in the overall life and well-being of the church with other staff, parents, and the Education Committee.
- Demonstrate, articulate, and model a mature and vital Christian faith and sense of vocation/call in the ministry of Christian discipleship
- High School graduate or older
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in Christian education and spiritual development
- Experience with children's Christian Education programs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in writing and orally, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a flexible approach to changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
How to apply
If you have any questions, please contact First Christian Church of Torrance, phone number (310) 328-2820 or via email at email@example.com. Please submit your resume via email(firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail to First Christian Church of Torrance, located at 2930 El Dorado St, Torrance, CA 90503. Please address it to FCC Personnel Committee. Once your resume is reviewed, candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. You will be notified via email if you are not selected for an interview.