Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Santa Clara, CA Post Date: August 02, 2017
Silicon Valley Christian Assembly is a vibrant Christian community centered on discipleship, mission, God's word, and true worship where Christ is all and in all. We are looking for a qualified, passionate and Christ-centered Youth Director/Pastor to join us to lead our middle and high school students into deeper and truer worship of God and a discipled relationship with Jesus Christ. This is a full-time ministry position.
Our church features worship in both Mandarin and English services, including regular combined bi-lingual services. Our English ministry is a growing, diverse group that ranges from middle school to college students, and young adults to families. The youth are primarily second-generation English-speaking Chinese-Americans. We highly value their salvation, sanctification, and development and desire our youth to growth in one-on-one mentoring, youth group activities, and inclusion in the wider life of the church. You can find out more about us on our website (www.svca.cc) where you can find recent English sermons. Also check out our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/siliconvalleychristianassembly) to get an idea of our ministry and what we're up to. Please send your resume and links of any online sermons to [email protected] Thank you!
Goal of the Position:
- To build up and disciple youths for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive, balanced and biblical approach to youth ministry.
- To shepherd youth (middle and high school students), in line with SVCA's overall direction and under the guidance of the Senior Pastor.
- To help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced and healthy youth ministry as an integral part of SVCA.
- To lead, plan and coordinate all activities for the youth, including, but not limited to, small group fellowship, outreach, retreats, Sunday School classes, special meetings, mission trips; and support all English related ministries, e.g. website, translation, community, inter-church correspondence, etc.
- To be ready to share the responsibilities of preaching Sunday sermons to English speaking congregation (aged from youth to adults) with other church ministers/staffs.
- To oversee all services in youth ministry
- To recruit, train, schedule, establish and lead youth ministry co-workers/leaders/volunteers
- To lead and work with other youth counselors/leaders on service planning, budgeting and plan execution with consultation and guidance of the Senior Pastor
- To keep records of youth participation, maintain calendar and obtain supplies as needed and within budget.
- To help organize Sunday school curriculum for youth (grades 6-12)
- To ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents and the church as a whole, using all available resources.
- To work with other ministries within the entire church structure in unity
- To serve the special needs of our church, with guidance of the Senior Pastor and elder board
- To ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all Youth Ministry settings
- Must be a born again believer with a solid and vivid relationship and daily walk with Christ.
- Must agree and be willing to practice biblical faith and the vision of SVCA
- Willing to faithfully pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in 1 Tim. 3.
- Have vision and a demonstrated ability to organize and nurture a youth ministry. Five or more years of relevant experience with pastoral recommendation desired.
- Possess passion and burden for people, especially youth.
- Be passionate and able to establish saints in Christ.
- Be able to deliver spiritual and practical sermons, teach biblical truth and real life applications to audiences of different ages and backgrounds.
- Have a healthy family with full support in unity from spouse.
- Gone through solid Christian Education or posses Christian Counseling diploma from accredited Seminary; Divinity degree preferred.Must be a team player
- Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) with proficiency. Ability to understand/speak Mandarin is a plus.
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to the San Francisco bay area.
- Must have legal working right in the US
How to apply
Please send your resume and links of any online sermons to [email protected] Thank you!