Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Cortland, NY Post Date: December 06, 2017
Grace Christian Fellowship is located in the Finger Lakes region of Central New York. The Church itself has been a part of the community for several generations and built a new facility in 2004 just down the road from the original building. Cortland is located directly south of Syracuse NY and near the cities of Ithaca and Binghamton.
The purpose of the Youth Ministry at Grace Christian Fellowship is about providing leadership, discipleship, and direction for the Teens of Cortland NY. The primary focus should be on integrating teens from the Homer and Cortland Schools into the Youth Ministry at Grace Christian Fellowship. The Youth Pastor will also be responsible for building an effective adult leadership team, producing excellent Youth Group experiences, and leading strong on the weekend.
1. Provide an organized weekly meeting for JR/SR High teens that incorporate Bible Study and Small groups through the Fall, Winter, and early Spring.
2. Think through, develop, and implement Sunday morning groups for JR/SR High students. This program should run similar to the school year: Sept - May. Connect relationally with the youth, youth leaders, and parents.
4. Follow up with new attenders of Youth Group and Sunday Morning activities.
5. Focus primarily on Homer and Cortland High schools to develop outreach opportunities to the teens utilizing volunteers and teachers who are connected to GCF.
6. Organize Fall event(s) for students; Organize winter/spring event(s) for students.
7. Set an example of godly character and lifestyle.
This position receives general direction while working from established policies and objectives. This position plans and carries out assignments and will resolve most conflicts that arise. Completed work is generally monitored only to determine the effectiveness in meeting position/team objectives. This role works in a fast-paced environment with multiple daily interruptions. It is essential for this role to balance daily responsibilities, while maintaining a high level of concentration.
How to apply
If you are interested please send resume and cover letter to:
Nick Dunn: [email protected]
Subject line: Youth Pastor Position
If you have an mp3 or mp4/video please attach or send link.