Job type: Part-time
Location: Teaneck, NJ Post Date: August 14, 2017
The Youth Director is expected to shepherd, disciple, and teach Middle School and HighSchool students (grades 6 through 12), and to equip youth ministry leaders and parents ofyouth. This involves a collaborative partnership with pastors/elders, lay leaders, andparents. These ministry responsibilities involve as much investment and interaction withparents and lay leaders involved in the youth ministry, as with the youth themselves.
- Candidate must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, in agreement with the heart of biblical Christianity (as defined by the PCA's Statement of Faith)
- Candidate should have a strong desire to relationally invest in youth students, utilizing creative strategies, all fueled by a Gospel-centered approach.
- Candidate must be committed to equipping lay leaders and youth parents.
- College-graduate (bachelor's degree or equivalent). College-level Bible courses or seminary-in-progress preferred, but not required.
Primary responsibilities include:
Overall Youth Ministry Leadership:
- Implement vision for youth ministry
- Collaborate with Asst Youth Director and pastoral/Session leadership team
- Recruit and equip youth leaders
- Oversee communication with youth families and youth leaders
- Invest in individual and small group time with youth students.
- Support and equip youth parents
Programs and Events:
- Oversee Sunday School ministry, including curriculum and teaching team.
- Schedule and coordinate efforts related to bi-monthly New Life (Friday night) youth gatherings.
- Coordinate annual efforts including the Great Escape youth retreat, summer youth missions efforts, GRC's Got Talent Show, etc.
- Coordinate special seminars/panel discussions. Some recent examples at GRC would include a suicide awareness discussion, a dating panel, youth parent discussions, classes covering social media, sexuality, etc.
How to apply
Submit C.V/Resume, references and 2 writing samples (of any sort) to email@example.com.