Youth Ministry Assistant
Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Greenwich, CT Post Date: August 17, 2017
Stanwich Church located in Greenwich, CT is an active Youth Ministry consisting of students from 6th to 12th grade. We are a group of about 60 students and part of the larger church of about 550.The Youth Ministry Assistant will report to and assist the Youth Director, Lance Svendsen, with ministry and administrative support, weekly student programming, and special events. This is a full time, 40 hours per week position with benefits.
Position Description Summary (Full Time):
The Youth Ministry Assistant will report to and assist the Youth Director, Lance Svendsen, with ministry and administrative support, weekly student programming, and special events. This is a full time, 40 hours per week position with benefits.
- Has a genuine and growing relationship with Christ with a love and passion to serve middle school and high school aged students.
- Is reliable, team-oriented, flexible, solution-driven, is able to keep confidentiality, has strong administration and organization skills.
- Is an energetic self-starter with follow-through and attention to detail.
- Possesses good people skills, is friendly, and enjoys being around and mentoring teens.
- Has competent computer skills in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Facebook/Instagram, and general graphics.
- Is a friendly team player on the larger church staff team and has a trusting relationship with the Youth Director.
- Willing to have a flexible work schedule (see Responsibilities below).
- Has previous experience and/or knowledge of Youth Ministry philosophies, ideally in the unique culture of Fairfield County or one like it.
- Candidate background check is required.
- Assists the Youth Director in strategizing, evaluating, planning and conducting regular Youth Ministry programs.
- Manages the weekly parent/student e-mail newsletter and other email correspondences.
- Works with Youth Director daily in team effort
- Attends weekly Staff Meetings
- Attends and helps lead Youth events every Wednesday night and Sunday Morning.
- Gives support and attends Youth Retreats, mission trips, and other special events.
- Coordinates upcoming events, dates, and details with church administration.
- Manages youth entries in the church database (including using the database to generate/manage permission slips, contact information, payments, and background checks).
- Worships in one worship service weekly outside of regular duties.
- Collects, tracks, and analyzes attendance.
- Meets with MS/HS students throughout the week for "Contact Work" outside
- of church.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Youth Director or other Stanwich administration.
How to apply
If interested in this position, please email your resumé and cover letter to Lance Svendsen, Youth Director at email@example.com. (copy to Bob Rieger at firstname.lastname@example.org). Your cover letter should include a short faith statement, why you feel called to this opportunity to serve, and why you would be a strong candidate for this role. For further inquiries, please call the church office (203 661-4420) and ask for Lance.