Youth Ministry Director
Job type: Part-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Minneapolis, MN Post Date: April 10, 2017
Our mission is to renew lives and our city through relationship with Jesus. We want to see everyone in our congregation grow as followers of Jesus and become more like him in every area of life. This includes creating a caring community, reaching and serving our neighbors and growing in our understanding and application of the Bible.
We are seeking to hire a Youth Ministry Director to invest in our youth and provide leadership to the Youth Ministry. This person will also provide support to our Serve Local partnerships, which seek to meet the needs of our downtown community. We are looking for someone who is excited to engage in relational discipleship with our youth and volunteers. They must also be excited to work with others on the staff to fulfill God's mission at our church.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Exhibit both an outward and inward spiritual life marked by confession, repentance and grace that is rooted in the gospel, and attested to by fellow believers
- Clear signs of continued growth as a follower of Jesus
- Understanding of contemporary issues and having Bible-based insights on the issues
- Self-disciplined and organized
- Experience and/or education in areas related to ministry
- Commitment to ongoing engagement with relational discipleship
- A proven record of effective leadership and accountability
- An ability to connect and build relationships with students, parents and church leadership
- Completed undergraduate degree
- Experience working with youth
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership for Wednesday night and Sunday morning Youth Ministry programming
- Mentor youth through intentional relationships that go beyond regular meeting times
- Organize additional events for youth to promote growth and connection
- Recruit, train and coordinate volunteers for youth ministry
- Communicate with parents about students, events and details regarding the youth ministry
- Promote a culture of relational discipleship among volunteers and youth
- Provide support to the Serve Local partnerships of First Baptist
- Once every three months, lead the Friday Serve and Saturday Outreach events in connection with the families of our youth ministry.
- Related duties as assigned
The Youth Ministry Director will be supervised by our Senior Pastor. They will work closely with others on the staff, including the Family Ministry Coordinator, the Adult Ministries Pastor and the Youth and Children's Intern.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Pastor Jeremy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Preferred deadline for applications will be Sunday, May 7. Expected start is July 2017.
Read more at: http://fbcminneapolis.org/youthministrydirector/