Youth Ministry Leader
Job type: Part-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: New Albany, IN Post Date: September 13, 2017
Position Summary: This is a part-time, salaried exempt position that reports directly to the Senior Pastor or Elder Board. This position exists primarily to ensure that the youth of Faith Community Church (FCC) receive age-appropriate training in the Word of God while being ministered to, loved, and given opportunities for involvement in service and outreach. Ultimately the goal of youth ministry is to prepare a high-school senior to be able to defend their faith and make godly choices in a college and workplace setting. This position also provides for important service and outreach opportunities for ministry volunteers.
Youth Ministry Leader
Faith Community Church,
New Albany, IN
Contact: Please send resume & cover letter to David Harkleroad at [email protected]
1. Train the youth under the authority of God's Word and direction of the Holy Spirit.
Recruit,Train and Motivate volunteers to initiate and implement youth ministry programsand classes as needed. (This willrequire regular meetings with your volunteer team)
Establishand/or Implement written, bible-based FCC Youth Ministry goals and objectives.
4. Develop or Review & Select curriculum materials and educational tools annually for use
in training the youth per the established biblical goals and objectives.
5. Develop and coordinate outreach, service, or fellowship activities for youth on a
6. Initiate regular communication to the church regarding the Youth Ministry through
bulletin inserts, service announcements, and newsletter articles andinformation.
7. Ensure that teachers and leaders communicate regularly with the children through visits,
phone calls, cards, etc.
8. Provide regular written communication to the Senior Pastor and/or Elder Board regardingthe current status of the youth ministry as well as progress updates on goalsand objectives and the presentation of plans in a 2-3 month look ahead.
9. Commit to regular quality time in Bible study and Prayer.
10. Be involved in all church-wide activities and FCC ministries appropriate to YouthLeader's needs and gifts.
11. Display high character and discretionas a church and youth leader. Display discretion in theareas of social media and Christian liberties.
12. The expected time commitment for this position is an average of 15 hours perweek. This includes planning, implementation, connections outside of church, and other activities listed(1-8) that are youth ministry specific.
13. The Youth Ministry Leader is a member of the Church Council and should make everyeffort to attend all called Church Council meetings (typically one to twomeetings per year).
Time Off Benefits:
· This position is allowed threeSundays off per year for personal use (vacation) with pay.
· The position is allowed twoadditional Sundays off with pay for ministry activities (mission trips,parachurch opportunities, camp counseling, etc.) with the approval of the
Senior Pastor and/or the Elder Board.
How to apply
Please email resume & cover letter to David Harkleroad at [email protected]