Job type: Full-time
Location: Johnstown, OH Post Date: June 17, 2017
The Johnstown Independent Baptist Church is seeking a Youth Pastor who will oversee and be responsible for the disciple making ministry with Middle School and High School students.
The Pastor of Student Ministries willwork in collaboration with the Pastor, Deacons and the other ministry staff toserve the ministry needs of the people at JIBC and our community. Some ofthe important responsibilities of the Youth Pastor include:
• Able to create, articulate and execute their vision for studentministry.
• Lead an effective Middle School and High School Youth program.Implement plans to make disciples through fellowship, worship, biblicalteaching, evangelism outreach, mission outreach and ministry within the churchbody.
• Recruit, train and disciple volunteer youth staff with diversegifts and personalities.
• Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth. Trainvolunteers to participate in providing counseling and spiritual direction.
• Seek to build meaningful spiritual relationships with parents.
• Maintain contact with students and parents. Strive tocommunicate with all regarding upcoming events and strategies.
• Support parents in accordance with the Word of God.
• Help to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church lifeto create an environment that is intergenerational, complementing the body ofChrist.
• Genuine testimony of salvation, possessing a demonstrable close walk with Christ.
• Engaging teacher, with a strong biblical background, who agrees with ourStatement of Faith.
• Commitment to the church's vision, the leadership and people of the church.
The following are qualities thatwe highly value in the Youth Pastor:
• Have a strong marriage and family life. (We will considerunmarried candidates who are engaged to be married as well.)
• A teachable person who is willing to learn and grow in theministry.
• A team leader who is willing to work with current youth leadersas well as incorporate new members into the youth ministry team.
• A person who is organized, able to manage their time well and isa good communicator.
• Able to connect with and relate to middle and senior highstudents and their parents.
To be considered for thisposition, please send a cover letter and a resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter with resume and references to email@example.com