Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Arlington Heights, IL Post Date: June 19, 2017
The Orchard Evangelical Free Church is one congregation worshipping in five communities and serving across the greater Chicago area. We have campuses in Arlington Heights, Barrington, Itasca, Marengo and Northfield—each of which stays true to our Gospel-centered mission while also tailoring their ministries to their unique congregations. At The Orchard, we believe growth happens through Gospel ministry that's characterized by roots, life and fruit. We dig our roots down deep into the Word of Christ in our worship services. We find life in Jesus Christ and share that life together in LIFE Groups. We bear fruit for Christ through praying, giving, serving, and inviting.
The Youth Pastor is a campus-specific position that provides pastoral and programleadership and support for students and their families from middle school through high school.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master of Divinity preferred.
- Three–five years of student ministry experience desired.
- Theologically aligned and in agreement with EFCA Statement of Faith.
- Must be available to work Sundays from 7 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and execute tasks in a timely manner.
- Exercise discretion and good judgment in personal contacts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, members and volunteers.
- Demonstrate professionalism through appearance, attitude, personal interactions.
- Self motivated and able to initiate projects and work independently.
- Computer literate in order to complete necessary tasks within software applications.
- Positive and supportive attitude.
Youth Pastor responsibilities include:
- Lead a ministry of the Word and prayer toward the students of The Orchard.
- Oversee the ministries to students which include Sunday morning classes, mid-week youth groups and other special events throughout the year.
- Recruit, screen, train, and manage adult and youth volunteers for the various roles within the student ministries.
- Establish a welcoming presence through warm greetings and follow up with new families.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor of Outreach.
How to apply
If you're interested in the above position, please contact Beth Acosta, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 224.764.4082