Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Columbus, GA Post Date: September 03, 2017
Oversee and lead ministry to high school and middle school students for CrossPointe Church in Columbus, Georgia. In addition to leading youth ministry, you will serve alongside the pastoral and elder team to shepherd the congregation. For more information about CrossPointe Church, see our website at www.insidecrosspointe.com.
- Applicants should sense a call to pastoral ministry and preaching with a desire to minister to students during this time and season of life.
- Should meet the qualifications of pastors-elders as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Should be reformed in your soteriology and in agreement with the ecclesiological perspective of 9Marks.
- Preferably, should possess or be in the process of obtaining masters level theological education. Those with a bachelor's degree may also be considered.
- We planted the church in 2005.
- In 2014, we associated with the Southern Baptist Convention and our local baptist association.
- We have just under 600 members, although our average Sunday attendance is between 700-900 (including children).
- We have many military families in the church as we are right next to Ft. Benning, which is a major Army post. As a result, a good percentage of our membership is transient, coming and going as they get stationed at Ft. Benning for several years and then move on.
- The population of Columbus is approximately 250-300k and is the second largest city in Georgia.
- We are looking for a brother to join our staff as an assistant pastor to lead our youth ministry. Our current pastor overseeing youth ministry will be planting a new church out of CrossPointe in Columbus in 2018 and we are looking to bring a brother on staff before he leaves to assume his role allowing for a good transition for the church and students.
- While the primary responsibility of this role is leading and overseeing youth ministry, we see all the pastors as shepherds of all of the flock. Therefore, applicants should sense a call to serve the whole church.
How to apply
Please send resume with references and a photo to lead pastor Brad Evangelista at firstname.lastname@example.org.