About this role
The Associate Pastor of Children and Outreach is responsible for the development and oversight of an effective Children’s Ministry that assists parents in leading children to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. He is also responsible to develop and oversee our outreach and evangelism ministries as we seek to make Christ known in our community.
While this role has varied responsibilities, the primary capacity will be administrative, focusing on the development of parents and volunteers who will provide Biblical teachings in pursuit of the vision and mission of Living Hope Baptist Church.
- Passion for God’s Word and His children
- Live per the moral qualifications of elders in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Possessing a humble, selfless spirit as outlined in Philippians 2:3-7
- Commitment to truth & doctrinal purity
- Allows his own family, marriage (if married) and faith to be an example for others to follow
- Ability to nurture and teach children (Birth through 6th grade)
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and lead volunteers
- Ability to organize thoughts, words, activities, schedules, events, and daily workload
- Detail-oriented and administratively minded
- Ability to see needs within the church and meet them
- Agrees with our statement of faith and affirmation and denials, and is like-minded with our current leadership in the doctrine and vision for the church
- Ability to faithfully and expositionally preach God’s word as needed
Purpose for Children’s Ministry
The Children’s Ministry of Living Hope Baptist Church exists to glorify God through evangelizing children, encouraging parents, and edifying servants so that the gospel may be spread among our children, families may be supported, and the church may be strengthened.
The Associate Pastor of Children and Outreach will pursue the following goals concerning the children’s ministries of our church:
- Spiritual Formation: Since the spiritual formation of children is primarily the responsibility of parents, the first goal of our Children’s Ministry is to be a resource for parents toward that end. Because some children do not have Christian parents or have parents who do not fulfill their role to disciple their children, the Living Hope Baptist Church Children’s Ministry becomes an evangelistic extended family for children to grow up in the Lord.
- Connect: Parents do not raise their children in a vacuum, but in the community of God’s people. Who we surround ourselves with as friends shape who we are. So, we desire for children to have meaningful relationships with one another. We desire for children to participate in the life of the church as we worship together and serve one another.
- Fulfilling the Mission and Vision of Living Hope Baptist Church: We want to first invest in the lives of the parents and children in our ministry. The purpose of this investment is to lead our young families to go into the community and invest in the lives of others through the sharing of the gospel.
Purpose for Outreach
Our outreach ministry seeks to instruct and equip Living Hope Baptist Church members in the obedient and joyful pursuit of that Great Commission (cf. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8) by taking the gospel to our community. The Associate Pastor of Children and Outreach will pursue the following goals concerning the outreach ministries of our church:
- Evangelizing: He will lead by example in practicing personal evangelism in the community.
- Equipping others to evangelize: He will train and equip others to evangelize in their spheres of influence.
- Community outreach: He will lead and help coordinate a plan for reaching out with the gospel in meaningful ways to our community. This will include mobilizing the congregation to serve the community in various manners to demonstrate love and represent God's grace to them.
- Mentoring: This will include meeting with people in the congregation as time allows and as the opportunity and need arises for the sake of helping them mature and grow in Christ.
- Oversee all Children Ministry Programs and Events
- Sunday School (In cooperation with our Sunday School and Nursery Directors)
- Children’s Church
- Sunday evening children’s class
- Vacation Bible School (Plan with the VBS Coordinator and team)
- Plan children’s outreach events and discipleship opportunities
- Provide resources and training to parents to equip them to disciple their children
- Recruit, train, and supervise teachers, assistants, and volunteers
- Schedule and place all teachers, assistants and other volunteers
- Pray systematically for the children, their parents, and the church
- Improve and maintain security policies and systems for children’s ministries
- Communicate regularly with parents and team members regarding schedules, events, and changes through website, social media, print materials, etc.
- Oversee all outreach events including, but not limited to:
- Farmer’s Market outreach (June-October)
- Easter Egg Hunt (March) – Plan with our PR director
- Fall Festival (October) – Plan with our PR director
- Live Nativity (December) – Plan with our Live Nativity Director
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers to ensure that our outreach events run smoothly and that they fulfill our goal to reach our community with the gospel.
- Work alongside the senior pastor to create culture, environments, and training to facilitate evangelism through new and existing ministries at Living Hope Baptist Church.
- Work alongside the senior pastor in communicating the priority of evangelism and outreach in accordance with the vision of Living Hope Baptist Church.
Any of our pastors/elders must have a team-spirited attitude towards the ministry of the church. Our Associate Pastor of Children and Outreach must be willing to do what is needed each week to ensure that we are rightly shepherding our congregation. This may include helping in areas that are not the primary focus of the position any given week. The candidate should not view this as a job as much as he should a ministry. With that in mind, the following responsibilities and guidelines are expected for the Associate Pastor of Children and Outreach:
- Attend and contribute to all staff and leadership meetings
- Participate in church activities as an active church member
- Assist in any additional assignments requested by the senior pastor that will assist in the shepherding of our congregation, including pulpit fill-in when the pastor is away
- The Associate Pastor of Children and Outreach will be accountable to the senior pastor
How to apply
This is a full-time salaried staff position. Please send resumes’ and references to [email protected]Back to results