About this role
The Campus Pastor has primary responsibility for the preparation and presentation of a physical location of Calvary Church as the place to draw people into a life changing relationship with Jesus Christ, while building an authentic community of His followers actively involved in service to Him. This role is accomplished through pastoring Sunday morning worship gatherings at the church facility, primary teaching voice on Sunday mornings, discipleship and as the liaison to the larger community in which the facility is located.
This function is consistent with Ephesians 4:12-13… “to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.”
This leadership will come from:
• A personal commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
• A mature faith and steadfast character.
• A reliance on the authority of Scripture and prayer.
• A sense of calling to an “equipping of the saints.”
• Meets the requirements of elder as described in the scriptures.
• Has the drive of a church planter but the desire to be a part of a team.
• Proven leader who can build teams and raise up other leaders.
• Passion and gifting to teach God’s word.
• Understands how to lead and follow in a complex ministry environment.
• Has high interpersonal skills.
• Exposure and background in a church environment that multi-sites.
• Possesses effective discipleship, leadership, and equipping skills.
• Enjoys people and has the characteristics of love, joy and peace in his life.
• Possess a passion for people to be transformed into Christlikeness..
• Gift of evangelism.
• Commitment to Calvary Church’s mission and ministry to join with Jesus to transform lives..
• Can affirm Calvary’s doctrinal beliefs.
• Mdiv or doctorate level education preferred.
• Ordination in the RCA or the ability to be ordained.
Key Roles –
• Sets the leadership tone that creates a relevant Christian community for those seeking a church.
• Provides care for the facility, its workers, and volunteers in ministry.
• Manages communication process between the functional areas of Arts, Business, and Community as it affects his campus.
• Integrates and evaluates standards of excellence in campus programming.
• Acts as a catalyst for new initiatives in support of Calvary Church’s vision.
• Reaches out to those in the campus community to facilitate and encourage spiritual growth.
• Acts as Calvary Church’s liaison to the larger community in which the campus is located. This includes local government, schools, and community organizations.
• Provide a consistent presence to those attending worship services that enhances the possibility of connecting seekers in the body.
How to apply
Please email Ron Citlau, [email protected] , with cover letter sharing your interest in the position and qualifications that will help you succeed. Please also include a resume.Back to results