About this role
The position of Children's Ministry Director is for 20 hours of weekly ministry to nursery through
elementary age children and their parents. This position has the potential to become a full-time
Partnering with parents to bring up their children in the Christian faith is a vital ministry in the church.
The children's ministry director establishes and oversees an effective children's ministry to kids which
effectively introduces them to Jesus, builds a solid foundation for faith, and accomplished the ministry in
a positive and fun manner. An effective ministry will also engage the parent as the primary discipler of
Description of duties
▪ Oversee, direct, encourage, and coach a team that will administrate children's programs and
ministries such as nursery, preschool and elementary.
▪ Assess and recommend and/or purchase curriculum for children's ministry programs.
▪ Recruit and retain a willing and enthusiastic staff of children's workers.
▪ Provide training and support for volunteers in the children's ministry.
▪ Ensure that the church's ministries for children run smoothly and excellently.
▪ Represent children and champion their cause church wide
▪ Work with the Lead Pastor to determine short-term and long-term goals for the church's children's
▪ Prepare and administer the annual children's ministry budget.
▪ Develop and maintain appropriate safety and security guidelines for children's ministry programs,
including criminal background checks for staff and volunteers and implementing training on child
protection, health issues, and other procedures to ensure the safety and security of children
participating in the church's ministries.
▪ Remain current on trends, teaching methods, materials, promotional ideas, administrative methods,
and other children's ministry techniques, and implement these as appropriate.
▪ Direct (or delegate direction of) related children's ministries, such as Vacation Bible School, Sunday
School, and AWANA.
▪ Coordinate (or delegate direction of) childcare for special church events
▪ Cultivate cooperative relationships with other children's ministries and support those ministries as
▪ Study and understand the spiritual and other developmental needs of children within the church and
in the greater community the church serves.
▪ Coordinate ideas into a plan to provide training, encouragement, and coaching to parents on how to
disciple their kids.
▪ Participate in weekly staff meetings and staff prayer times.
▪ Shall participate fully as a member of the pastoral/ministry staff.
▪ Shall be available to share your gifts and talents in all areas of the church ministry as time permits.
▪ Shall perform other responsibilities as determined by the Lead Pastor and ministry directors.
How to apply
Send resume to [email protected]Back to results