About this role
The city of Appleton, Wisconsin is a suburban and rural area of ~75,000 people. Along with the surrounding cities of Fox Crossing, Menasha, Greenville, Little Chute, and Grand Chute, the population nearly triples. Not only it is a medium sized area to begin with, because of its industrial nature and manufacturing companies such as Kimberly Clark, Georgia Pacific, and Kohler within the vicinity, it is the #1 location in the country upper millennial individuals and families are moving. Due to this, Realtor.com as well as Forbes estimates the population will double over the next five years.
In 2018, thinking through all of this information four families got together and began Olivet Bible Church. This is a non-denominational church with reformed theological foundations. Our attendance is approximately 20 people weekly.
This is all organic growth in the community. We decided early on to not do much in the way of advertisement or marketing, it is the Lord who builds his church.
The Director of Musical and Visual Worship is an opportunity for a gifted and skilled individual to come into a small worshiping community and directly impact the congregation for the glory of God through worship!
Due to the small nature of the congregation, monetary compensation is not something we are able to offer. This being said, there certainly are several ways we can come along side this individual to make a living and thrive.
Our Director of Musical and Visual Worship is a very unique opportunity to step into an infant situation and develop, foster, and shepherd a new ministry area into a flourishing and vital piece of the local church here in Appleton, Wisconsin.
For more information please visit us at www.olivetbiblechurch.org
The Director of Worship Ministry will assist the Lead Pastor and the Leadership of Olivet Bible Church in reaching towards and accomplishing the mission statement of Pursuing Holiness
Together, as well as the vision statement of, to grow in the depth of God through His Word, to
engage as a community of believers, & to equip members for the sake of the Kingdom throughout the world.
To lead and serve the congregational body of Olivet Bible Church through musical and visual
worship ministries. To meet the mission and vision statements of Olivet Bible Church in
doctrinally sound lyric choices, environment development, and leveraging the human emotions
for the stirring of genuine religious affections.
● 2-3 Years of experience in a church environment.
● B.A/B.S. in music, or equivalent (preferred)
● Proven skills and gifts in developing and leading musical and visual worship
● Proven ability in performing a sound biblical and theological hermeneutic.
● Strong communication skills.
● Skills in ministry oversight, planning, budgeting and forecasting.
● Capability and ability to think in terms of long-term potential, working towards vision
and strategy for Olivet Bible Church’s congregational worship.
● Develop and maintain a warm, inviting environment for the Olivet Bible Church congregation.
● Serve as an example of godliness, humility, and disciple-making.
● Will maintain a high level of professionalism and subject authority in all church communications.
● Recruiting and Equipping a team of volunteers that leads to sustainability in these ministry areas
● Intentionally cultivate a deeper personal faith and seeking opportunities for soul care.
● Establish a long-term vision for communal worship development.
● Seek out Worship Arts training/education annually.]
● Evaluate and analyze song lyrics and music to ensure theological soundness, and
● Learn and/or be proficient in music/video editing software.
● Recruit and develop a team of volunteers.
● Spend time developing relationships with lost people to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same
● Lead music worship by example in the congregation.
How to apply
Please send a resume and a philosophy of musical worship (if available) to Andrew Belcher:Back to results