About this role
Korean Hanbit Presbyterian Church of Houston, TX, 300+ Korean-speaking member congregation established 30 years ago, is prayerfully seeking a caring full-time pastor with a calling to grow our English Ministry (Living Water Ministry). Our EM (LWM) consists of a multi-ethnic group of 40 members including professional middle age and young couples, singles and college students.
Serve as a pastor to all English-speaking members of LWM (College through Adults) in preaching and embodying the Gospel and discipling the church towards a growing love and knowledge of Jesus Christ.
The essential work includes and limited to following:
1. Lead and preach Sunday sermons and weekly bible studies.
2. Provide spiritual leadership to EM congregation members.
3. Train small group leaders.
4. Pastoral Counseling and Visitations.
5. Lead in planning, executing, and evaluating ministry events/programs throughout the year.
- College outreach
- Community outreach programs
- Short-term missions
6. Coordinate development of annual budget that reflects the ministry goals.
7. Plan, coordinate and lead appropriate workship services throughout the week:
Friday Night College
Sunday Early Service (9am for those who serve the church in other ministries)
Sunday Main Service (11am for most LWM members)
8. Hold regular office hours
9. Work with other LWM and Hanbit staff towards the common goal of serving the church
10. Identify, train and empower others to help serve and lead the church
1. Master of Divinity or equivalent from an accredited seminary
2. Minimum of 5 years for experience in English Ministry
3. Possess calling to shepherd a multi-ethnic congregation
4. Strong leadership skills that include discipleship through relationships, great organizational skills, and willingness to accommodate a diverse group of members.
5. Fluent in both spoken and written English. Fluency in spoken Korean is preferred.
6. Able to lead praise in some capacity
How to apply
1. Application form (provided by email upon request).
3. Personal testimony: salvation, call into ministry, and previous experience.
4. Philosophy and vision for English Ministry.
5. 2 Samples of sermon: MP3 file, video file, or Facebook link.
6. 1 Recommendation Letter and ministry references contact information.
PLEASE SEND ALL INFORMATION TO:
Deacon Young Yim
Korean Hanbit Presbyterian Church (hanbithouston.org)
Our EM is called Living Water Ministry (http://www.houstonlivingwaterm...)
3929 Colgate St, Houston, TX 77087
$44,000/year (to be adjusted by education and experience level).
BENEFITS AND WORK ALLOWANCES:
Health insurance premium assistance, allowance for gas and study aid, reimbursement for visitation expenses, support for attending seminars/conference (every 2 years), mission trip support, and moving expense assistance.Back to results