About this role
The city of Appleton, Wisconsin is a suburban and rural area of ~75,000 people. Along with the surrounding cities of Fox Crossing, Menasha, Greenville, Little Chute, and Grand Chute, the population nearly triples. Not only it is a medium sized area to begin with, because of its industrial nature and manufacturing companies such as Kimberly Clark, Georgia Pacific, and Kohler within the vicinity, it is the #1 location in the country upper millennial individuals and families are moving. Due to this, Realtor.com as well as Forbes estimates the population will double over the next five years.
In 2018, thinking through all of this information four families got together and began Olivet Bible Church. This is a non-denominational church with reformed theological foundations. Our attendance is approximately 20 people weekly.
This unique opportunity is for an individual to step into this small, but growing local worshiping community and pour into the families present here.
Due to the small nature of the congregation, monetary compensation is not something we are able to offer. This being said however, this role would be a key factor in potentially changing that, as the community is more actively engaged strategically. Also being said, there certainly are ways we can come along side this individual to make a living.
This position is for a full-time role in the Olivet Bible Church Family Ministry. We are looking for someone passionate about reaching children with the Word of God and influencing families as primary disciple makers.
- 1-2 years of Children/Family Ministry Experience in a church environment.
- Proven ability in performing a sound biblical and theological hermeneutic.
- Proven effectiveness in theological and practical thought, producing vibrancy in family ministry.
- Ability to step into the lives of unchurched children, youth, and families for the sake of the Kingdom of God.
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and public speaking.
- Assure a safe, welcoming, and fun environments for all areas of ministry.
- Serve as an example of godliness, humility, and disciple-making.
- Will maintain a high level of professionalism and subject authority in all church communications.
- Foster an environment and culture of spiritual discipleship among children, youth, families, and leaders.
- Develop channels of resources that allow the parents to lead in their home in such a
- To plan and coordinate opportunities for the discipleship of families (training).
- To be involved in the community of Olivet Bible Church.
- Produce Olivet Family content for social media and website consistently.
- Seek out Family Ministry training/education annually.
- Develop good relationship with secular organizations/school systems/local clubs outside of the church for partnership with Olivet Bible Church.
- Intentionally cultivate a deeper personal faith and seeking opportunities for soul care.
- Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages children and youth.
How to apply
Please send a resume to Andrew Belcher