About this role
Grace Church of Ovilla (GCO) is a non-denominational Bible church in North Ellis County, TX that was planted by Waxahachie Bible Church in 1998. GCO offers a blended worship service each Sunday with several Sunday school classes for adults, youth, and children, as well as children's church and nursery during worship. GCO is seeking to hire a part-time worship pastor to serve with the ministry team. The worship pastor will report to the senior pastor. The position is 20 hours per week (hourly compensation will be discussed during application/interview process).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead Sunday morning worship
• Assist in service planning
• Lead the worship team in rehearsal and spiritual growth
• Direct special programs for major holidays such as Christmas and Easter
• Personal passion for the worship of God and the encouragement of believers
• Knowledge of and strong appreciation for a broad range of musical styles
• Practical experience in leading congregational worship and in working with instrumentalists and vocalists
• Experience and skill with church audio-visual systems
• Experience with software such as Pro Presenter, Planning Center, CCB, etc.
• Undergraduate degree desired but not required
• Doctrinal fit with the church doctrinal statement
The worship pastor will be a man known for his self-control, with a heart for congregational worship over and above individual or band performance. He will value relationships over an agenda and should exhibit servant leadership within his family, the church, and with others. He will practice sound financial stewardship and be a man of peace, capable of teaching sound doctrine with grace, patience and compassion.
How to apply
Please submit resumes and cover letters to [email protected]Back to results